Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Today

By the time I came home today, Dennis was feeling better. Well, not so much better that he was up and about, but feeling good enough to tell me he was feeling better.

He had to cancel two appointments today, and a metro ride. He wasn't able to get his catheter changed, and he missed a speech session. Both are fairly easy to make-up, but the catheter is a tough one to miss. By the time the six weeks roll around, he really needs a change. Now he will need to wait an extra 6 days.

I was in charge of calling to cancel and reschedule these appointments. Naturally, their offices open at the same time I am getting busy at work. For some odd reason, every time I call urology, I am always put on hold for quite a while. Today was not an exception to this unwritten rule. It is difficult to be waiting on hold while you are trying to do your job. I finally had to call home and tell Dennis he had to do this himself.

I don't like it when I cannot accommodate Dennis' requests. At the same time, when I am at work, I want to work.

A new conundrum to think about. Well, at least a new conundrum that allows me to write a few new rules that I can attempt to enforce.

Until Tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: