Sunday, October 26, 2008

Next Step, Medicare

A year ago Dennis and I were filling out his disability, social security, application. I was determined to fill it out with 100% accuracy. It wasn't easy, and it was not fun, but we finished it and submitted it last November.

We were running out of money. Well, we weren't really, but Dennis was digging into his savings regularily. This was money we had hoped to use for my early retirement. We needed this money and Dennis deserved this money. After all, it wasn't his fault that he could no longer work.

Soon, we will be starting the process of filing for the medical end of social security. It doesn't make any sense to me, but you must collect disability benefits for two years before you may apply for medicare. Since his disability was defined as begining in July of 2007, he is eligible this coming summer for the insurance part of social security.

I suppose if I start the paper work right now, it might actually be completed on time.

Until Tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: