Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Lost Post

Shiva was so happy to see us when we returned from Rochester. She was all snuggly, and purring and hanging around the both of us.

I noticed, at the hotel, that many people brought their pets along. I suppose, the next time, we could bring Shiva.

I never thought I would say that about a cat.

Shiva is cool. She really likes both of us.

Dennis and I are quite different in many ways. I like to rough-house. I toss the cat, scratch the cat and cuddle with the cat. When she is with me, it is paramount that she adores all of my attention.

Dennis is gentle. He pets gently, is quiet and doesn't ask much. He loves when she lays on his feet and is happy when Shiva is purring softly anywhere near him.

Shiva needs our opposites as much as we need them from each other. Dennis brings out the soft and gentle side of me and I bring out emotional strength in him. Ying and Yang. We are compatible and complement each other. We keep each other strong, safe, loving, honest and just a bit off center.

No comments: