Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Minnesota Health

When I started writing this daily blog, I thought a commitment of one year of daily writing would be a piece of cake. Since then, I have missed a day, here and there, but still, I have written 103 times since sometime in July.

Actually, this is entry number 104. Yes, I have considered quitting several times. I would like to quit right this minute, actually. No, I am not letting myself, or you, off quite that easily. At least not yet.

Dennis visited the Courage Center today. The Courage Center helps disabled people of all ages in many ways. Dennis is looking for something fun to look forward to each day. He is particularly interested in something athletic or artistic, and the Courage Center offers classes and open gym time for both of these desires.

We are lucky to live in Minnesota, with health care being highly valued for many years. We have the Mayo Clinic, University of Minnesota, Struthers, and The Courage Center, all of which have positively impacted our lives over the past year.

Thanks.

Until Tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anne..just thinking..this is YOUR blogg and Dennis´s. If you don´t want to or need to write here for some time..it´s ok isn´t? I mean..it´s what you want to make of it here? Or do you have another thought going on that you have promised yourself? And why do you need to push yourself to continue when you want to give up right now? Are you making a diary for yourself for the years to come? And so you write..even if you don´t want to..so you will have your thoughts in the future..when you know you may need them? When perhaps your time with Dennis has come to an end? It´s just me thinking and reading in between the lines..and perhaps misunderstanding everything ;) as usual.

Hugs to you and Dennis!
humlan/iva