Thursday, October 2, 2008

Eating Out

On my way home from work, I passed an American Legion. I had never noticed it before, but, then, I am still learning about our new neighborhood. Outside they had a large placard, "Steak Fry Tonight." My initial thought was, Dennis would love this. I'll go home, pick him up and treat him to a cheap dinner.

Then, just a moment later, I remembered he no longer can eat meat unless it is all ground up.

I will figure out this new diet, mechanical soft, and we will always eat well. However, going out to eat for dinner is going to be more and more difficult. Unfortunately, that has always been our favorite date night. We both enjoy spending a long evening with a bottle of wine, an appetizer, dinner and dessert. Neither of us is ready to give up the whole idea of eating out just due to this new diet.

Tonight we will settle for left over meatloaf and mashed potatoes, at home.

Until Tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis
Living with Shy-Drager, Multiple System Atrophy and eating at home more often

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay... so you eat the appetizer, drink the wine, enjoy the dessert and the company.... all you've missed is a chunk of meat. You won't even notice it.

Kate