Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lazy

"I am basically lazy."

The only dentist that I have ever enjoyed, said this to me, a few months before she retired. She was responding to my asking her how often she flossed. For some reason, those few words resonated with me.

She wasn't, lazy, of course. She owned her home on a lake, as well as the duplex where she operated her own business. She often ran the office, worked without an assistant or hygienist, and even developed her own x-rays.

She was ill. She had developed an unknown disease, and it had drained her of all of her energy.

Whenever I feel like labeling myself as "lazy," I remember this silly little exchange of words.

Today I was energetic. It was a three-day weekend and I had rested, relaxed, and visited on Friday and Saturday. This gave me a much needed extra day to attack a larger project - a closet.

I am happy when I am able to tackle a big task, but I am also okay with myself when I am less energetic.

And, now, aren't you happy for me, too?

And, now, I am too lazy to write anymore!

Until Tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis
Living with Shy Drager, Multiple System Atrophy, Parkinson's Plus or something else

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm..you´ve been ponering these past few days..thanks for letting us in on your thoughts.

Lazy..I don´t like that word..most of the time it´s filled with so much judgement or measuring up to..and what´s wrong with being "lazy"..?

And use it..before you loose it..we never know the moment or the time..do we, Ann?

And your 5 reasons why you love Dennis..there was one there..where Dennis will support you in everything you want or do..You brought out one of my partner´s, Robert, absolute best traits,too. And it´s SOOOO VERY important..not having this in your relationship, can shatter you as a person..break you down to almost nothing..don´t you think?

Thank you, Ann..for your thought sharing here..and so much more.

your iva/humlan