Tuesday, October 7, 2008

His Day at the Mayo Has Arrived

We leave, tonight, after work, for Rochester and the Mayo Clinic. I checked out the review for the hotel we are booked into, and they are B-A-D! Yes, I know, we are there for the study, not a vacation. However, as long as we are not at home, isn't it normal to expect great things?

We are both a bit anxious. I love that word, anxious. It suggests both good sensations and negative emotions. That is where we are right now. I am not sure how I feel about the consequences of participating in this study. I know that any information they collect will benefit someone, sometime, somewhere. And that is fantastic. What I don't know is how much it will help Dennis. And that is what I sincerely care about right now.

I anticipate, at the very least, some good advice about how to live a good existence for as long as possible. I would love to find out about a remedy, and I will hold on to that, but it is not in my expectations.

I believe Dennis hopes to know more about his life expectancy and his quality of life. I imagine he would also like the best advice about how to handle his symptoms. And I am positive that he would as well like to hear about a cure.

Until Tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis
Living with Shy-Drager, Multiple System Atrophy and Hope

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Anno!

I am thinking of you and hoping that your trip..yours and Dennis´.... comes up with some valuable help for you both. And that maybe.. just maybe..your greatest hope will come true!

It breaks my heart to read some of the situations that arise. And I hope for some relief for the both of you.

And that hotel..was it as bad as the critics said?

Good luck, then..to the both of you!!

Your iva/humlan

Anonymous said...

Just checking in to read how you are doing. Guess you´re busy and that´s a good sign..or so I hope.

Lots of love..I´ll be back again another time.

hugs
iva/humlan