Monday, October 6, 2008

Schedule Change

I usually come home from work around 5:00 and make dinner after my requisite one hour relaxing time. We usually end up eating around 6:00 or 7:00. This has served us fairly well over the past few years; doing breakfast and lunch on our own, and eating together at night.

A few issues stand in the way of this working for us, anymore. For one, the drooling. In the morning and early afternoon, Dennis' drooling is less troublesome than it is at night. It is very difficult for him to eat a meal after 2:00. Secondly, he eats very slowly, and I get antsy. This means I either eat more than I need, or I am done with my meal at the same time he is beginning his meal.

Thus, a schedule change. It's fairly easy for me to cook at night, and have Raquel or JoAnn heat it up the next day. Either one of them could cook him a good meal, or heat up a meal, if I buy the right groceries. This means, we won't be eating dinner together anymore, but then we haven't really done that for a while.

On the other hand, we will have more time together at night to snuggle and watch a stupid movie. And that makes a schedule change all worthwhile.

Until Tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis
Living with Shy-Drager, Multiple System Atrophy and a schedule change

No comments: