Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cherry Garcia

When the music that wakes me each morning begins, Shiva springs up on the bed for her morning stretches, cuddling sessions and remarkably soft purring. This morning she was already laying at the bottom of the bed wrapped around Dennis' feet. She made her way up to me, and I laid my hand on her back. It was all crusty and her hair was matted together.

I glanced over Dennis' way, and I realized why she had been in the bed and why her fur was yucky. He had eaten ice cream in bed last night. I don't know how much actually made it into his mouth. I do know that a pool of Cherry Garcia surrounded him, and that his face was covered in ice cream. Shiva evidentially had a veritable banquet last night, while I was gently snoring away.

Okay, okay, I know. I am supposed to have rules about all of these inconveniences. Even so, what do you do when a guys blood pressure is too low to stay up any longer, and he is still hungry? Even if it wasn't ice cream, with his new diet, it would still be something sloppy.

At least these days, with Raquel and JoAnne spending the day with him Monday through Friday, I don't have to come home to a mess to clean up before I can commence making dinner. By the time I came home from work, the sheets had been washed and the bed had been remade. It's expensive to have someone around all day long, but I cannot imagine going back to the insanity of last fall.

Thank you Raquel and JoAnne. You are keeping me sane in so many ways.

1 comment:

mg said...

I like the new look, but can you enlarge the print? Maybe I need new glasses.