Thursday, September 11, 2008

Delivery

I believe we have finally found our pizza place in our new neighborhood. After living in the inner city for so long, we both are pizza spoiled. There are so many small pizza joints in the city, and they are usually terrific. In the 'burbs, although we are only 3 miles out, it is pretty much chain restaurants or mediocre hamburger joints.

We are semi-food junkies. We like fresh ingredients, and we both hate the dull and mundane in our food. We don't eat delivery very often, but Wednesdays and Fridays are my difficult days, and ready made or delivery comes in handy once in a while. I know, this makes me sound lazy, but I like to think of it as realistic.

There is a great grocery store near us that sells daily dinners, for when I am feeling lazy, but they are, at best, acceptable. The meals fill us, but there is only a little joy when we are actually consuming the dinner. I have used them once or twice for dinners, but they are not cutting it for me.

The pizza joint we found today has been a staple of the University area of Minneapolis for years. I have eaten take out, delivery and eat-in pizza and hoagies at the original spot for many years. I have never been disappointed in their product in the past, and I wasn't this time, either.

I know, this is no big deal, but it is important to know where to reach out when you only have so much energy left. Today, the only left over energy I had was to dial that telephone number. And today, they delivered exactly what we needed - a good product at a fair price.

1 comment:

Queen Jaw Jaw said...

You may call it being lazy, but I call it rewarding yourself for a hard day's work. Do it! It just means the brain cells get a break from an already full routine.

Lazy doesn't figure into the equation, my dear friend. Nada.