Monday, September 1, 2008

A Bit of This and A Bit of That

Tommorow Dennis is going in for a swallowing video session at the hospital. I am imagining a camera going down the throat to see how well he swallows. I think I will pass on watching that video.

The new eye drops seem to help the saliva issue quite well. Once again, however, the side effects are rather troublesome. We aren't quite sure what they do for him, but right now, who cares. He can eat, once again, without filling the pool that we don't own.

The Mayo looks like it is set for early October. We will be staying at the hotel connected to the clinic and get "coupons" for meals. Perhaps we will try an upgrade on food. Although since Rochester is mainly known for the hospital, I doubt we will find much in the way of fine dining.

We both have been feeling a bit sick lately. No big deal, but just enough that neither of us have much energy left at the end of the day to be with each other. The weather is improving, so maybe that will improve our health, too.

Okay, I admit I wrote this entry today simply to fulfill my goal of writing each day. After all, my goal was to write each day, not to entertain my faithful readers.

Until Tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis
Living with Shy-Drager, Multiple System Atrophy and a tired writer

No comments: