Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Sister is Home, for a While

My sis and bro-in-law are here, in Minneapolis, for the next two weeks. They live in London and we don't see enough of each other. They have not seen our new place, or met our new kitty, Shiva. We will have lots of stuff to catch up on, but mostly, it's just about hanging out together.

Jane and I have had our ups and downs, like any sisters do. But, for the most part, we have always gotten along. We have been there for each other when life stinks and when life is worth celebrating. We have, for the most part, accepted each other's partners, and supported each other when partners have been great or not so great.

Right now, we both have wonderful partners. Ralph, Jane's new husband, is adorable. Furthermore, he has this really cute English accent. What is best, however, about Ralph, is that he loves my sister.

Jane also adores Dennis. And, lucky enough, Dennis thinks she is pretty great, too. They have been there for each other in many ways over the past few years.

Jane and Ralph have many commitments while they are back here, in Minneapolis. Hamed, my parents, us, friends and just staying alive will keep them pretty busy. But for a few weeks, I will have my sister in town, Dennis will have one of his best friends in town, and we will both have Ralph around to make fun of, in our Minnesota nice way.

It's nice to have family.

Until Tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis
Living with Shy-Drager, Multiple System Atrophy and far away family at home, for a bit

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuhooo! It's me again Margaret!

There have been days when I wanted to tell each of my four sisters to sleep with one eye open...but, what I have found to be my reality is that when you need someone, turn around. They are there. Strong, solid, and with open arms. I'm glad you have your sis there with you!

Ann said...

Hi Queenie

I am sure that Margaret thanks you for your comments, whoever she may be. I thank you, too, and am so happy you are able to comment now.

Ann

Gail said...

Hi Ann:

I'm going to try this again. I'm relatively new to blogging and I'm not sure if my previous comment went through.
I too am a 50 something wife of a husband with MSA/Shy-drager. It's a hidious, progressive disease. It not only sucks but it also sucks the life right out of the patient and their familt. I just started a blog yesterday regarding my husband and the effects this has on all of us. If you would like to read it, it's called
everybody loves larry
everybodyloveslarry.blogspot.com

I think we will have a lot in common.

Gail