Saturday, September 13, 2008

Friday Woes

I woke up about 1:30 am with an ear ache. I haven't had one of those in years. Since it was pounding so hard, I finally got up, took one of Dennis' "light" narcotic sleeping pills and moved to the couch. I konked out, and decided not to go to work on Friday.

Kismet, it turns out. Raquel showed up late, again. I believe she parties rather hard on Thursday nights, because she often shows up late on Fridays. I stayed in bed, but she arrived about 9:30, according to Dennis. She is suppose to be here at 8:00. Dennis surprised her by telling her to go home, that I had stayed home for the day because she was late.

It is difficult for both of us to be hard on people. We both look for the best in others. The problem is, we just talked with her last Monday, because she had been late last Friday, too. I gave her a hard talk when she came on Monday. I was surprised she was late, once again, so soon.

Dennis told her he would love to see her on Monday, at 8:00, but if she could not be there by that time, not to bother. Maybe this time, she will get the message.

By the way, my ear ache has cleared up and I am just left with the yucky parts of a cold. Oh, well.

Until Tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis
Living with Shy-Drager, Multiple System Atrophy, Autonomic Disorders and a cold

No comments: