Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fever

It has been a very difficult week. First the problems with the catheter, then very little sleep for either of us for two nights. By Friday morning I was exhausted, but Dennis was in less pain. The bleeding has also stopped.

When I came home Friday, Dennis was laying in bed shivering, under our very warm down comforter. The cover was actually jumping around with his shivers. At the same time his face was burning up. I don't know his actual temperature, our digital thermometer had run out of steam, but I know he was above normal.

I covered him up in another quilt, and gave him a sleeping pill. A few hours later his fever broke, and he was able to sleep through the night.

We haven't said it aloud to each other, yet, but I believe we are both concerned that he is beginning to lose the ability to regulate his body temperature. I sure hope I am wrong about this. I don't want to expect the worst, but these days, the impossible seems possible.

Tommorow, a lighter entry. I promise.

Until Tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis
Living with Shy-Drager, Multiple System Atrophy and an unfair disease

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Anno..

Please let me know how Dennis is doing. It´s ok to write worried posts. This blog was started so you could relieve your feelings and worries thru writing..when you needed to..when you and Dennis needed to..wasn´t it? That was one of reasons anyway..wasn´t it?

Thinking you! iva/humlan

Ann said...

Iva, thanks for your concerns. Yes, it is a daily journal of ups and downs, and relieving some stress was one goal. Thanks for the reminder.

Unknown said...

Hi...just catching up to this page. (1) is your Dennis still alive? (2) My Husband diagnosed in 2014 and now has once in a while temperature spikes

Peter weller said...

I was diagnosed in November 2007 with Parkinson's Disease. I have left side tremors, balance and gait issues and some non-motor symptoms:  quiet voice, some cognitive decline, small handwriting. I am currently on Sinemet for tremors and Cymbalta for neuropathy related to diabetes and previous chemotherapy. It was on my 25th anniversary of surviving breast cancer that I got the PD diagnosis. I am 69, retired, single woman sharing a house with my sister.  I like to read, quilt, and crochet. I have been reading up on PD.  Until I read too much and it scares me.  Then I put it away until I calm down and can research it some more. I need advice and some direction. I searched further, visited Parkinson’s websites, blogs. I find info about someone having the same symptoms. I was really determined. Fortunately for me, I stumbled on a testimony of someone who had Parkinson’s for several years and was cured through Herbal medication. I read awesome stories of people whose condition were worse. I was not a fan of Herbal Medication, because I once believed that they have not researched it enough. But due to numerous testimonies  I was more than willing to try it…. I contacted  Dr. Fabien, and I purchased the medicine and used just the way doctor instructed. Its a thing of joy to come back and make my review.. It became a miracle for me within 7 months. The herbal medication worked without any trace of side effects on I’m…. totally free. I have been cured for Parkinson’s. I was a shocking experience with the medicine. I never knew I will be free for Parkinson’s disease.  Email dr.fabiencontantin@gmail.com or www.kunimeherbs.com