Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Weekend

My sister Jane, and her husband, Ralph, are in Minneapolis from London, for a few weeks. Last night we got together for dinner at our new condo. They stayed quite late, at least for me, and Dennis, and I slept in this morning. I haven't slept until 8:00 for quite a while.

I could have stayed in bed all day, but Laticia, our bi-monthly house cleaner, was coming this morning, so we had to get up. She is so wonderful, and I love the way the condo looks when she has finished polishing, vacuuming and scrubbing the place. I also enjoy spending a few minutes, just catching up with her life.

I could do my own cleaning, but knowing that I can have five hours free, twice a month, is worth any price we pay. Dennis and I now go out for a long breakfast twice a month and then do errands with each other. Then I sit on my behind for the rest of the day. I love these Saturdays.

Today, we spent the last of our small profit from selling the house. We purchased honeycomb blinds for the condo. Although we love these huge windows, we also know the sun will bleach out our furniture and rugs. It also interferes with watching TV on our oversized, expensive and digital, surround sound set up.

I know this post has covered a whole bunch of topics, and it is a bit rambling. Well, perhaps more than a bit rambling. I guess, just to put a rope around this post, I am trying to say that today life is great. I have my sis here, a great house-cleaner, brand new blinds coming, and I had the time to write this post.

Until Tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis
Living with Shy-Drager, Multiple System Atrophy and a bit of time on our hands.

No comments: