Saturday, September 27, 2008

Been Feeling Sickly

I am aware that I am a day or two behind on my blog writing. It has been a hectic week, work wise and at home. If that was not enough, I have been down with the flu for a few days. Actually, today is my first day out of bed since Wednesday.

But, as the saying goes, life goes on!

Dennis had a visit to his Parkinson's doctor on Thursday. Unfortunately, I was not able to go along, and his depression was not dealt with, once again. It's time to make an appointment with his general practitioner, who is warm and empathetic. Dr Nance, while an expert in Parkinson's, cannot be described using either of those words, even if you stretch the truth. She just poo-pooed his needing anti-depressants. My feeling is his life is tough enough right now. He shouldn't need to feel so depressed when there are perfectly good medications to help him.

He was able to find out, however, that Dr. Low, the doctor he will visit in Rochester in 10 days, is the world expert on Shy-Drager. I suppose I should say, he is the leading expert on dysautonomia, with Shy-Drager being one, and the worst, syndromes of the group. At least this is what Dr. Nance told Dennis.

Me, I am feeling somewhat better. At least I was able to get up today and shower. I have typed this entry and still have enough energy left to sit up for a bit longer. Tommorow I should feel good enough to even enjoy writing my entry.

Until Tommorow,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: