Monday, September 15, 2008

Slow

"I am getting slower", Dennis mentioned to me the other day. I suppose he is, although since I am with him everyday, I am not sure how much I notice the degree of his slowness.

Dennis used to be quick. He was a darn good tennis player, or so he tells me. Personally, I know nothing about the sport. I do know that he played doubles every week, and his team often one.

When he was slow about something, it was more about being methodical. Paying bills, for example, always took a bit of time, but there was a pattern and method behind the way he read then payed the bill.

I have mentioned how slowly he eats, and how long it takes him to get dressed before. There are other places he has slowed down, and they seem to be troublesome to him.

Getting in and out of the car, for example, has become a time consuming event. Moving from one setting to another usually takes quite a chunk of time. Dressing, showering, simply turning on the computer have begun to use up quite a bit of his day.

Dennis really wants to help out and do his fair share of work. It is difficult for me not to do everything. It's not that I want to do it all, I do not, but I hate to see him struggle with everything. I want everything to be easy, again, for my hunney bunney, and I just know they never will be, again.

Until Tommorow,
Ann and Dennis
Living with Shy-Drager, Multiple System Atrophy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne..your blog is so personal..with so much warmth and love! Reading it..I feel like I am talking with you..relaxed..over a cup of coffee.

Thank you!

Iva/Humlan

Anonymous said...

My God..it actually worked. I could make a comment that stuck!

Wonderful!

Thinking of you and Dennis..and having fun reading about all your travel plans! I know how much you 2 like to travel!

Anonymous said...

P.S. forgot to sign my name..

Iva/Humlan