Friday, August 29, 2008

Update on Shiva

Shiva is turning out to be a great little kitty. She is cuddly, likes to be man-handled, and enjoys playing with or without us. That she is also cute, is just an added plus.

She has been nice company for Dennis. She hangs out in his room much of the day, and loves to be in bed with him after I get up for my shower. She entertains both of us with her chewing on the feather toys and chasing silly balls. She is a much needed distraction from everything else in life.

She has also doubled her weight, since we adopted her. Now, when I get out of bed, she runs back and forth from her dish to me, while I make my morning coffee and get her breakfast ready. When I return home from work, she runs out from her sleeping spot to me and then right to her dish.

Hey, wait a minute! Didn't I say, only a few short weeks ago, that Dennis would be the one to feed her? Moreover, wasn't I the one who really does not like cats? She has not taken over the house, yet, but she sure has a way of winning over even the most hard hearts. Mine has been sure softened up.

Maybe I am an old softie, but I still hate when someone figures that out. Even if it is just a cat that knows my inner self, I still don't like it!

Until Tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis and Shiva, the Diva

No comments: