Thursday, August 7, 2008

Today

I am not quite sure what is going on right now. Dennis usually wants to get out of the house at least three times a week. It isn't all that important where we go, or what we do, it is more about the going and doing. Lately, he doesn't seem to want to do anything.

He has been complaining that he feels spacey, recently. When I ask him to define that, he just says his brain doesn't seem to make connections. He feels his cognition is off, in one way or another. This scares me.

Dennis is a extremely intelligent guy. He has an uncanny capacity to analyze information and make sense of things that mean nothing to me. Truthfully, we complement each other intellectually. I am more of an abstract person, and he is more of a factual person. It leads to some fun, and entertaining discussions.

I am hoping this is a temporary phenomenon. I am not sure how I will deal with life if Dennis is losing the part that I adore the most - his thoughts.

I have nothing else to say today. I am tired and frightened.

Until Tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis
Living with Shy-Drager, Multiple System Atrophy and Parkinson's Plus

No comments: