Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Busy Week Ahead

This upcoming week is filled with people, places and events. Monday and Tuesday, some of Dennis' family are arriving from Chicago and Massachusetts. Wednesday I turn 56. Such a big number! Thursday some friends are coming over to see the new condo and Friday, we are meeting my mom and dad for lunch in Hudson.

I return to work soon. I have been working hard to get a schedule together to ensure Dennis is safe everyday, and I can return to work with some semblance of peace. We both love Raquel, but she is not, and will never be, responsible enough for me. We are interviewing with an agency to find someone that will be available for Dennis at least 3 mornings a week. We will then add in Raquel, my friend, JoAnn, and Club CREATE, at the Parkinson's clinic, to keep him company for the remainder of the day.

I hate taking away Dennis' freedom, but I know that I cannot hold a job, effectively, without knowing that Dennis is safe, secure and happy during the day. He would prefer having time alone, but we just can't afford that anymore. This has been difficult for both of us, but mostly for Dennis. I don't know how well either of us have accepted any of this. Maybe we never will.

Until Tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis
Living, and struggling, with Parkinson's Plus, Multiple System Atrophy and Shy-Drager

2 comments:

Amy Mullis said...

A verse that I've taken to reciting that is comforting (and short enough for me to remember) is this; "My times are in Your hands." Psalms something, I forget which one. It helps me to remember He's there with His perfect timing making sure everything works out as He intends. (And I love your kitty. Definitely fit for the Monarchy in your house; I'm under the same kind of rule here.)

Ann said...

Amy, you are so sweet to continue reading my blog.

I am loving your blog, too.
An