Friday, August 8, 2008

Picture and A Story Friday

Here she is, our new little kitty, Shiva.


Shiva 12 weeks

I mentioned last week, that I had put my big old cat paw down, and we would have rules in our house. I was going to be top cat, and our new adoptee, just a welcome addition. Who, in the right mind, allows a 2 pound feline be the boss?

Me, I guess.

Shiva did not want to eat the first day, so I bought her some canned cat food. Rule one broken. Dennis doesn't get up early enough to get her morning food out, so I do. Rule number two broken. I am beginning to wonder if any of my rules and decrees will be followed. I guess I am just tough on the outside and an old softy on the inside. I hate when that happens.

Fortunately, Dennis picked a nice kitty. She's friendly, likes to cuddle and plays, independently, with all of her new toys. I had fears of her not knowing how to use a litter box, but Dennis was right. He told me cats wanted to be clean and tidy, and Shiva would not make messes outside of the box. She has not.

Unfortunately, I have either developed an allergy to her, or I have a summer cold. I am hoping it is not the former making me sick, and I won't need to take another pill everyday. Our bathrooms already look like we could stock a small pharmacy.

Until Tommorow,
Ann and Dennis and Shiva
Living with Multiple System Atrophy, Shy-Drager and Parkinson's Plus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um, i know ppl allergic to cats that wash their cat everyday so they dont have a reaction.

i betcha that breaks rules that you didnt even know you had!

:)

-chris