Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Birthday Present

Dennis is giving me a very unique present for my birthday this year. He is giving me a weekend away with my girlfriend, Melinda.

Melinda owns a small cabin on a beautiful Minnesota lake. When we get together, we spend most of our time laughing and playing. I usually go there once or twice a summer, but this summer I knew I would not be able to get away. Her cabin is down a hill, over grass and rocks, and Dennis would not be able to reach the cabin with either his chair or walker. Of course, I could not leave him alone.

Then last Friday, when I went into his office to write out a check for Raquel, the two of them presented me with a plan. Raquel would work from 8 AM until 8 PM on Saturday, and then return on Sunday morning. I could leave on Friday night after I helped Dennis get into bed.

Thank you, Dennis, for one of the best birthday presents ever. You are one special guy, and I love you like crazy.

Until Tomorrow
Ann and Dennis

2 comments:

AdornmentsbyMilani.com said...

Wishing you a very very Happy b-day Ann. You truly deserve this much needed break.

Ann said...

Adorn, Thank you so very much. I am happy to be able to call you a friend.
Ann