Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Planning A Full Life

I was reminded, yesterday, by my nephew and my mom, that I will be returning to work very soon. Drat. I am not a big fan of working, at least not anymore. I have been practicing retirement for many summers, and I happen to like it quite a bit. But, alas, returning to work is inevitable, so I might as well get my ducks in order now.

I need to find an alternative to Raquel for the days she does not show and days that she needs off.

I need to discuss with my boss my plan about taking Family Medical Leave. She knows and supports me, but we need to work out a plan about how and when I will take time to be with Dennis.

I need to iron my clothes. Yuck! Oh, perhaps I should wash them first.

I need to think about getting into a new routine of going to bed at a decent time and getting up in the morning.

Most of all, I need to figure out how to find the time to do what I want to do, so that my life isn't all about working and taking care of Dennis and our home. I know I can do all of this, and I also know that I will be successful in creating a full life in spite of barriers. I also know that I need to plan for how everything will happen.

I am a certified life coach and well trained in aiding others design a life that they enjoy. Now it is time for me to self-coach myself through this process. All I ask of you, my dear readers, is to notice when I seem to be falling behind in the joyful parts of life, and let me know.

I believe it is time for me to play with my paints!

Until Tomorrow,

Ann and Dennis

2 comments:

Amy Mullis said...

Time to play--that's an absolute necessity! Make sure not to forget that part.

Ann said...

Amy, today I am playing for 4 full hours! I sent Dennis to a Parkinson's group and gave myself the day off to play.