Monday, July 28, 2008

Family Sunday

It's Sunday, and we are having my family for lunch. It's not a big affair, just my nephew and his girlfriend and my mom and dad for a few hours. Then we are driving to my nephew's new home, just a bit over a mile from our new home. Dad and mom, as well as Dennis, have not seen the house that Hamed has purchased.

I take pleasure in these days, actually.

I like showing off my home. I like putting together a meal that will satisfy everyone. I enjoy fussing over little things, down to even the ice cubes. I usually create something new, this time a chicken, cherry and pasta salad, and offering a few old standards, too.

What I don't like is the clean-up after it is all over. I imagine you are questioning, "Who does?". You haven't met my family, have you? Not one person in my family is what you could vaguely call a neat freak. Actually, we are all a bit messy. The upside of coming from a messy family is no one has expectations for seeing a house spotless. The downside is, obviously, the mess you produce.

Maybe, just for today, I could enjoy the work after the party as much as I do the work before the party. I am going to give this a try. I will let you know how it goes.

PS: All went well, the family was neat and we had fun. I enjoyed the clean-up, but only because I have a dishwasher for the first time in years.

Until Tomorrow,

Ann and Dennis

No comments: