Monday, June 8, 2009

Looking Back

I put my last day in at school today. Sigh. I am exhausted. I can't believe how much has happened since last year at this time.

Dennis has been in the hospital twice
Dennis has gone from a walker to a wheel chair
We moved into our condo
We went to Paris and London and are planning our trip to Ireland
I lost a best friend due to Dennis' illness
I gained a bunch of friends and buddies due to Dennis' illness
My father died suddenly and unexpectedly
My mother needs more of her children's care than before
My sister married and moved to London

Whew. I get tired just writing this list.

I am in the process of reading a book called The Diving Bell and The Butterfly. It was made into a movie a couple of years back. I have never seen the movie, but I purchased the book for my mom a year or two ago. When we were staying with mom, after dad's death, I found the book and read it one sleepless evening. I am re-reading it now for an online book group. It's inspirational, touching, and reminds me that life could be so much more difficult. And it could.

This has been a difficult year, but also a year filled with love. Some days, love is all we have.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: