Wednesday, June 10, 2009

InFuckingCredulous

There are very few movies that include Anthony Hopkins, that I can identify personally with and find any thing to like. However, there is some old movie about puppets, some Ann lady (who made movies with the likes of Elvis and Mathau) and a word that incorporated "FUCK", in the most precious of terms. I cannot remember the exact words this Ann used (I will hate myself in the morning for not remembering her name), but I like the way she used this stupid, and yet, meaningful word.

It is infuckingcredulous that no one gives a shit about a parkisonian type diseases. I was looking through the social security act information, and medica and medicaid, and there is a short sentence about exceptions. Lou Gehrigs/ALS disease is exception to almost everything. You are able to receive help if you are diagnosed with ALS. Medicaid is automatic if you have ALS. A person can receive full coverage for health care, care attendants, insurance, etc, if you have ALS/Lou Gehrig's disease.

Are you telling me, that in order to receive the care that you deserve, you have to be diagnosed with a disease that is named after a well known coach of a popular US sport? Yes, I think the government is telling us exactly that.

I work hard at fighting against my own fucked up thoughts. I know I have my own prejudices and my own bents on what is right and what is wrong. But Lou Gehrig's and a parkinsonian disease are basically the very same thing. They are all about your brain not functioning correctly. They are all about your brain not sending your body the messages it must receive in order to live in an ordinary sense. And, they are all about receiving proper care, if they are not functioning correctly.

Excuse me, feds and others. But Dennis is not a popular sports figure. But he has supported, obnoxiously, sports for his entire life. His disease is no less than Lou's disease. His disease is not much different than Lou's disease. His disease, at the very least, is not less than his. He is not as well known, but should he be treated less because he has not made notoriety because of a sport?

This is unacceptable behavior, by each and every one of us. Okay, I have had my tiraid for today, but they are not done. This is not fair treatment. This is not okay.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann..

Just checking in..reading..and enjoying your infuckingcredulous. I guess that´s life in a nutshell...

I was happy to read that you are planing a trip again..and you are leaving fairly soon!!!

And you are on holiday now..I am longing for mine to begin,too. But I can´t take as many days this summer as I was in the US for over 3 weeks at Christmas.

All my love and hugs/iva

Anonymous said...

I agree that the gov is messed up on what it will give. My mother, who suffers from MSA, is old enough for medicare, but honestly they don't give her much. An hour a day of home health? How does that help my dad in the long run. My mom needs 24 hour care now and my 74 year old dad is getting worn thin. Stupid sinemet keeps her up at night now.
I hear you.