Monday, June 1, 2009

Overwhelmed, For the Moment

I have worked very hard to avoid the feeling that I am overwhelmed, but this weekend it hit me between my eyes like a ton of bricks. I am only able to deal with so much, and, it seems, I have reached my limit.

I cannot deal with the long emails from Personal Care Attendants (who are calling themselves, personal care providers, in Wisconsin). I now understand Minneapolis' ex-crazy superintendent who asked that everything be sent to her in bullets. PLEASE send me bullets. You may want to become a writer of the next great American novel, but please, do not do this at my (or Jane's) expense.

I am so done with Dennis' PCAs not turning up on time, or simply not turning up. Actually, the same goes for Mother's attendants.

There are drugs coming to mom, that the insurance company let me know about, but they did not tell me whose drugs were being mailed.

There is always dinner....shit, I am writing this before making dinner. Be back in a jiff, folks.

Okay, slow down, Ann. Dinner will be asparagus, already purchased and ready to steam, and sea fish, of some kind, ready for lemon induced oil and a bit of garlic. Things are not so bad.

I am surprised that life has caught up with me. But it has. And there it is. I am exhausted, and do not have a whole lot to spare.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Understand. There with you.
But like you said, dinner will be ok.

Hope that day went well. Hope today is better