Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Sunday Dinner

Dennis challenged me today, to surpass the meals I have made on the past few Sundays. Last week, it was steaks, glazed asparagus and baked potatoes, and Hamed and Ashely for a 2:00 dinner. The week before, he reminded me, I made linguine with short necked clams and a small salad.
I don't really have any idea of the week before that, however.

Sundays really are the easiest day to cook a good meal for the the two of us. We are able to eat early in the day. I am able to devote time to thinking about the meal and making the meal. And I tend to rise to a challenge thrown in front of me, as long as it is given in a positive spirit.

Today, we had lamb kabobs, asparagus and potatoes grilled on our new Weber Q gas grill. It's hard to mess up lamb, asparagus is only good in the spring, and Dennis always loves a potato. I new, even though I may not have topped the last Sunday dinner, I would at least have made a match.

The verdict is in - Dennis cleaned his plate and is grinning. If I keep on making a great Sunday dinner, maybe he will lay off the dessert thing.

Ya, right.

No comments: