Monday, November 8, 2010

Sawyer Glacier Movie



It worked! I am always amazed when I am able to get one program to talk with another program. I am not afraid of any new technology, but always a bit of a skeptic.

Anyway, here is a movie of our cruise to Sawyer Glacier. The whole trip took about 4 hours and the boat slowly maneuvered it's way through narrow waters and bits of glacial meltdown. It was a beautiful afternoon in Alaska and Raquel was in charge of the camera. So thanks to her, we have a nice little movie to share with you.

Now why am I making photos into movies?

Two facts:

Those of you who have followed for a while know that my mother died rather tragically while living in an assisted facility last November. Some of you may know that in order for Dennis to receive financial assistance, he must have a job. He has a small at home job that pays him a little, but next year he must make more.

In comes resourceful Ann, as some of you have named me.

I went to the assisted living and asked if they would hire Dennis to share stories and pictures of his trip to the residents of the rehabilitation center. I thought it would be a win - win. Residents could see that a person with disabilities could still enjoy their lives, if they decided to do so. Dennis would be able to relive his beloved vacations, once again, and therefore live a bit longer.

So, while Dennis watched football yesterday, I put together (with his assistance) these two movies of past vacations. And I thought I would share them with you also, and perhaps inspire you or a loved one, or just let you enjoy our experiences.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Good for you! Where there's a will, there's a way! :)

Dianne Schwartz said...

Thanks for sharing, Annie. I really admire you. You're a very special and strong woman.