Monday, November 22, 2010

Anger

I had my second session with a therapist today. She is an accident that turned out to be a perfect match for me. It was great to have someone who listened and really heard what I said. It was also nice that a tear or two is a normal event in her office.

She suggested that I talk about the emotions I feel when dealing with Dennis' disease. The first word that came out was anger.

So let's talk about this, Ann.

I am angry that this disease attacked the only man that I have really loved. I am angry that this disease attacked the only man that truly loved me. I am angry at the powers that be that ignore diseases that do not have a famous person to turn to as a spokesperson. I am angry that neurological disorders haven't been figured out. I am angry that the government paper work is not really reduced, but actually increased. I am angry that I have to call one hundred people to find an answer to a silly question. I am angry.

Whew.

I didn't know I was that angry.

Wait until we get to the word frustration.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm so glad you have a good therapist. We all need to 'let off steam' but it has to be in a safe environment. I'm happy for you that you seem to have found a good match.

Ann said...

And a safe place to cry....