Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dennis Falls Out of Bed

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Dennis fell out of bed this morning and had to sleep on the floor. I am not sure if he is going to get any sleep, I know that I am not.

He was fussy all night. First he had to turn this way, and then that way. Then he got his hand stuck under him and wanted it moved out. After about 12:00 (I should have just watched to new Conan show), I knew sleep was not going to happen tonight. It was one thing after another. Finally he wanted to sit up in bed. I never like doing this, because he tips so easily, but he was insistent. About 20 minutes later I heard the thud. Dennis had fallen on the floor. At least there were no bruises or any blood. We have been extremely lucky.

And while Raquel and I broke the hoyer lift out of it's place of hiding, we never got around to practicing with it last week. So for tonight Dennis will have to do the rest of his fussing while laying on the floor.

It's been a difficult two or three weeks. A fall last weekend, an unannounced trip to the hospital last weekend, problems with medicaid and now this. Each problem takes its toll on each of us. I am so glad that I decided to retire. And now I am really looking forward to our cruise in 3 weeks. We need a break from reality for a bit.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dianne Schwartz said...

My human falls out of bed sometimes but it's because she's drunk.

Jill said...

Thank you for sharing your experiences. My dad is going through this.