Friday, November 19, 2010

A Difficult Morning

Dennis had a very restless sleep last night and woke up crying his eyes out. He is scared, worried, and everything else right now. He asked to die and then he cried and said he wanted to live.

It hasn't helped that I have been working 8 hour days all week. He has gotten used to having me around. He feels my presence has a positive energy that keeps him going.

I have missed him too, and I have not been enjoying the 6AM alarm going off telling me I must get up and get to work. I wanted to stay home with him, but I was expected to open the training today. I knew that someone else would easily do this, but since I am the newest member of the team, I was reticent to not showing up. I was torn.

And I was already dressed.

So I went and opened the meeting and then left. Dennis was sitting at the table eating cheese cake and smiled his biggest smile when I walked through the door.

I guess we really do belong together.

Until later
Ann and Dennis

No comments: