Thursday, November 4, 2010

Persistence

I am nothing, if not persistent. I might not always get what I want, but I usually get what I need. Or, as in this case, I will fight for those I love to get what they need.

Today I managed to fight the government, and I won. Dennis was reinstated into medical assistance today, and I even received an apology.

I have been calling all week, leaving messages, sending emails and calling again. Today I called three times before I finally received a return phone call. Without medical assistance, we would be paying $500/week for PCA help, $200/month for medicines. and $800/month for his feedings. I would have to work full time just to pay for his needs and my insurance. Then I would spend the rest of my time taking care of Dennis. I would be having my second heart attack very soon.

I think for all the work that Dennis has done in his life he deserves to be taken care of and be able to live a good life. I know I have friends and readers that don't believe that we should be paying taxes or the care of others. I don't know the answers, but I do know that our government spends way too much money on red tape issues.

Whatever your beliefs, keep persistent. I only hope that everyone out there has someone to fight their fight if they are unable. I hope, if the time comes, someone will fight for me. And I hope that you have all the support you need in your life.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

Until later

5 comments:

Dianne Schwartz said...

We've both been fighting for the help and protection of a loved one this week. I had to stand in the shower and scream at the top of my lungs from pain and anger. Today, I can breathe easier and have found a new cause for others who are feeling the same rage I'm feeling. I'm with you in thoughts, Annie.

Ann said...

and you, and human mommie, in my own thoughts.

Ruth said...

Good for you, Ann! It's terrible that we have to fight for what is owed to us. Been there; done that.

Best E-Learning Software said...

Hi,
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing!
E-Learning Software India

Buy and Sell Collectibles said...

Nice Post!
Faljo.com is your online source for Online Auctions, Online Shopping, Car Auctions and much more. Buy and Sell with our Online Auction community today, the World's online marketplace. Just Sign up and begin to buy and sell everything in auction now.

Thanks
Buying House