Monday, June 14, 2010

Weary on Sunday

This morning Dennis went to the hospital once again, to have his J/G tube replaced. Although all went well, it's difficult to not feel defeated some days.

Yesterday....

Dennis couldn't eat. Dennis couldn't move. I was snappy with him. Jane and Ralph came over to drop off a pie for Dennis (you have NO idea how much this man likes his pie), and Dennis was on the toilet. An hour passed and they left. He could not eat the pie. Not one teeny tiny bite.

He couldn't move well all day, Sunday. No matter how many meds we poured into him, he was stiff and immobile. He finally went to bed at 6PM. He was groaning and moaning, as is often normal, when I heard a big THUNK. He had fallen out of bed, face first.

No harm had been done, once again, but two falls in one week is a huge set-back. This can't be happening, once again.

But tomorrow we are off for a weeks vacation - Boston and Cape Cod, with family. Hopefully vacation will pick both of us up once again.

So, until much later,
Ann and Dennis

4 comments:

Chatty Lady said...

You have to have the heart and soul of one of Gods Angels Anno. I took care of my sister with MS for five years and nearly went insane, especially when she developed dementa. How do you do it? I am in awe. I hope something happens and you receive some huge reward while here on this earth because no one I know deserves it more than you do, and poor Dennis to have to suffer so. It makes me want to cry.

Mary Lou said...

There isn't much I can add that Chatty Lady hasn't already said. I just want to thank you for sharing your story. I look forward to reading about you and Dennis--such an inspiration--full of no nonsense coping skills, triumphs, failures, but most of all-- hope and love. Have a nice vacation. Looking forward to reading about your adventures together.

Ann said...

Chatty, remember, that I have women like you to keep me going.

Ann said...

Thanks Mary Lou.