Friday, June 11, 2010

Pre-Travel

Today is a day of packing for our vacation. We leave on Tuesday for Boston and Cape Cod. Normally, we would pack a day ahead of time, but with all of Dennis equipment, we need extra time to plan for space in the suitcases.

We did find a collapsible IV pole that will hold the pump for Dennis feeding. It's made by Sharps and collapses down to 2 1/2 feet. It's made of aluminium, which makes it not only very light weight, but also is completely recyclable when we are done using it. If any of you are needing a pole, and want to be able to carry it around, I highly recommend this pole. Wait - perhaps I should see how the airline handles it first. I will get back to you all soon.

In the meantime, I have started a new painting (an oil) and the base coat is now drying. It should be ready for details by the time I come home. I also am planning on writing a second edition to my workbook (see link to Lulu below). The old one is on sale right now until June 30th, but there are a few errors in it. Unfortunately, I am not able to revise it, but it's a good buy if anyone is in the market.

Finally, just as an FYI - I am LOVING retirement. Yes, it's just a summer vacation now, but it's amazing how much quicker it was to get into the relaxation mode, once I knew that I would not need to work full-time in a school setting again. All my summers, over the last 3 or 4 years, have been a practice for retirement. Now that it is real, I know that it was the perfect time, and the right decision.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis



Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.

No comments: