Thursday, March 25, 2010

Still Feeling Poorly

Dennis still is not feeling up to par. He hasn't eaten solid food for several days now. He has been complaining about numbness in his lips and mouth. When I returned home from work today, he was already in bed. I checked his temperature, and it was normal. Then I checked his oxygen level - it was running at 90%, a bit too low for my comfort.

I set him up with a nebulizer treatment and called his general practitioner's office. By the time the nurse answered the call, his oxygen level had gone up to 94%. She then reminded me to keep him hydrated and keep him warm. I made an appointment for tomorrow, and she assured me that if either of us continued to feel concerned, we should go immediately to emergency.

He is feeling a bit better now, at least he is a bit less anxious. He definitely does not want to go to the hospital, but we have a long standing agreement that he will if I insist. I hope this will pass and no hospital stay will be necessary. I am on spring break as of today, and would prefer that he is at home with me and not in the hospital.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: