Monday, March 22, 2010

Practicing Retirement

I received a call at work this morning from Raquel. She was throwing up and Dennis was feeling sick. I had to go home.

Once again, thank you boss for being so very understanding.

Dennis felt he had a fever, so I checked his temperature. All was fine - he is running a bit low, as is usual. He was warm, but he was under the down comforter without the fan running or the windows open.

Now he is digging through a drawer of socks and underwear. He has decided to downsize. He also filled a bag with shirts before Raquel left this morning. Mostly white dress shirts, I imagine. He doesn't wear them anymore for obvious reasons (if you have ever seen him eat, it is obvious).

I imagine I am practicing retirement today. How will I fill my day while Dennis is filling his? I believe I had better come up with a game plan.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

1 comment:

Debra said...

I haven't spoken to you in a bit Anne, but glad you are still getting along and so is Dennis. I lost my mother in November, so I've been just doing the day to day for a bit. I've started a blog of my own, calling it my next chapter. I got so much inspiration and laughs from some of your posts. Thanks for doing this. I hope you come to visit my blog when I get it ready for viewing, though its up now.