Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Benjamin Button

Have you seen the Curious Case of Benjamin Button? Other than getting smaller and larger, Dennis seems to be living in this movie.

Today when I came home from work, he was feeling generally crappy. His afternoon PCA had not been able to come today, so he was alone for an hour before I returned home. Dennis was needing attention as soon as I walked in the door.

He wanted his meds. He wanted to go to bed. He said he was nauseous and dizzy. He wanted
everything, and all at once. I talked him into sitting in his lift chair for a while, but within 30 minutes, he was insisting he needed to go to bed. I asked if he could walk, but he needed to be wheeled into the bedroom. I brought over the wheel chair, lifted the chair to upright and began to transfer him.

He missed the chair. The fall was soft, and he didn't hurt himself. But he chose to crawl to the bedroom rather than try to transfer once again. And now, at 5:30, he is in bed, once again, for the night.

Good night, Benjamin, Good night.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: