Thursday, November 26, 2009

Raquel

I was very wise on this Thanksgiving morning! I had Raquel come in and get Dennis ready, so that I could get dinner ready and the house picked up. It turned out to be a very good choice.

Neither Dennis or I got much sleep last night. As I said the other day, Dennis gets needy when I am taking care of something else, and I get overwhelmed. I wish I could be there for him, and him alone, 24/7, but it isn't in the cards. And for so many reasons.

I would kill him after about 2 weeks, is at the top of the list.
Under that heading comes financial needs.
Then there is the needing to be able to have a discussion with someone that I can understand.
Of course, our loving relationship suffering because our roles would become to different.

I could go on, but why?

Anyways, I am glad that Raquel could come in and get him showered, dressed and ready for the day. She also got his wheel chair sparkling for tomorrow and the big day ahead.

She will come in tomorrow, also, to get him showered and into his suit. This will give me the chance to be funeral ready before the 2 hour drive to Eau Claire.

Sometimes I feel so very wise.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: