Sunday, November 15, 2009

Nuerological Disorder Family Member #3

Friday I took Shiva, the cat, to the vet for her check-up and shots. Whenever I see her around other cats, I am shocked by her size. She is about 1 1/2 years old, and still weighs under 7 pounds. The doctor said she is the perfect weight for her size.

But, the doctor also confirmed something that I had been thinking for a very long time.

She has a neurological disorder. Her brain is only half developed. In other words, she is a half-wit.

This explains why Shiva cannot leap, or misses when she attempts a leap. It also explains why she simply tips over at times just walking along. She still is cat like and wants to perch, but she needs help getting up on the back of chairs or sitting on the window sill.

The staff showed me one of the clinic cats with the same disorder. She fell over, too, had a hard time playing with toys and looked befuddled.

I am simply destined to be surrounded by special needs living things. Oh well, at least they are all of sweet dispositions.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: