Friday, November 6, 2009

Something New?

Oy! A full moon and Halloween candy makes for a very, very long week in schools. I am very happy this week has been checked off and completed.

I don't think I can blame candy or a full moon for Dennis' latest trials and tribulations, however.

He has been so much better, since our brief time with a family therapist (we were deemed in darned good shape considering our situation) about waking me up in the middle of the night. However, the last few nights he has yelled out "seven" until I was awake enough to tend to his needs.

Seven is the level of pain he is experiencing. In the ER and Urgent Care centers, they have a rating scale, 1 to 10, on pain. Dennis, not being a stoic Scandinavian, heads directly to the high numbers. We have, however, agreed that a 7 is "wake Ann," worthy.

He has been having issues with his cath. He feels it is clogged, even though there is some urine in the bag. I have been able, via a syringe, been able to pull out quite a bit of urine whenever he announces to me, "Seven."

Raquel called the urologist, and they figured he had a bladder infection. They prescribed another antibiotic for him. I am doubting that this is the real problem. Okay, I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but I know that something is amiss.

Unfortunately, I fear that more is to come.

Until tomorrow,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: