Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Blah, blah, blah

When, and if, I look back on these blog entries, I wonder how many I will find to be immature, or whiney, or self-destructive, etc. Perhaps I should add a vote at the end of each post for feedback. Perhaps I do not really want to know.

It's been a tough week at work. A full moon to start off the week, coupled with too much sugar in a kids post-Halloween diet, are automatic warnings to self-destructive behavior. I have come home pooped and running on auto-pilot all week. It's typical of this week of the year. If forced, I could find the hard data to prove all of this, but I would prefer a simple act of trusting my word.

Whatever does any of this have to do with Dennis' MSA or my being a caregiver?

I am grateful that we have found the right cadre of carers to work with Dennis. I know it will always be fluid, but I have accepted that. For today we have the right group.

I am grateful that I know my job, enjoy my job, and have found a balance with my job and my life.

I received a call from the TCU where Mother is right now, and she should be able to return to her apartment sometime next week.

The country social worker is ready to help us apply for Medical Assistance, so that we can have a bit more time for PCA help for Dennis

I know that the two of us are bright enough, resilient enough, tough enough, strong enough and willing to let all that is hurled at us to be resolved. And when we do not have the knowledge to move forward, we do know how to find the answers.

I am grateful that both of us have learned how to ask for help, receive help and allow help into our lives. Thank you to all of us that have heard and responded to our requests for help.

No comments: