Thursday, July 23, 2009

One Surgery Done

My brain is on over-load. Even a stranger would be able to tell that I do not know if I am coming or going. I need to do a brain dump. I need to make a list. Then, I need to read it!

Dennis feeding tube placement went very well. Everyone seems happy with the results. However, it is a whole lot of new work for me. It needs to be cleaned, dressed, filled, rinsed, pumped, and kept to one side of his body. There are multiple prescriptions to be filled - food, pumps, liquid meds, ground up meds, sterile this and that. Then the rental company needs to come over and train me and drop off more goods. I have been trained by a nurse, someone in the vascular center, someone from nutrition and pretty soon they are going to let me actually touch the new feeding tube.

I am grateful they are so thorough. I am just tired of input, input, input. As I was typing this a nurse called me (I am trying to take a break from the hospital) and asked me a million questions. I wanted to tell her that I am tired of thinking. But I was a good girl, and I was polite, and I answered all of her questions without sounding exasperated.

Now it's back to the hospital to practice a feeding. Then he should be able to come home and kitty and I can take a nap.

No comments: