Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mother

Today it's off to Eau Claire to see Mother. I have found, what all of us kids think, is the perfect place for her to live in Minneapolis. I am hoping that she sees it the same way. I believe she will.

I am so glad that she has decided to move closer to us. I really don't enjoy driving 4 hours to spend 2 or 3 hours with anyone. I didn't like it when Dad was alive, either. He drove to the cities often, and without complaint. At least not out loud to me. I am not one who believes guilt is a good trait, but there were a few times that I felt bad about letting Dad drive here. Actually, "letting" is not a word that I should use when speaking about my father and his decisions. But, I didn't try very hard to talk him out of driving.

Rachel is spending Sunday with Dennis, so I do not have to worry about him, too. Dennis feels left out, but he also knows that he is an added piece of work, when he comes along. He loves Mother, and is also happy that she is moving up here.

Time to get on the road.
Until later,
Ann and Dennis

No comments: