Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Busy Week Ahead

We are up for a week of doctors, dentists and surgery. Dennis has an appointment with his family doctor on Monday and then a quick stop-off to pick up some drinkable stuff for his surgery on Wednesday. Tuesday, his teeth will be cleaned. Wednesday, the feeding tube will be placed into his stomach. An overnight stay at the hospital is required to monitor him. Thursday, he will come home, who knows when and Friday he will have day surgery for his catheter placement.

Oh, how much sleep he will need the next week.

For an odd assortment of reasons, the surgeries could not be on the same day. Because we do not know if he will have any insurance for a while, they also could not be delayed. Both surgeries will improve his quality of life so there seems to be no reason to delay.

I also will be moving Mother soon. The day we returned home, I called her. She is very anxious to move to the Twin City area. I think she is very lonely. She misses dad, and her kids are the next best thing. I only wish she understood that this is what is happening.

I am so very glad that my job gives me a long summer off. I am also so very happy that I have learned to take the summers off and make the most of them. Even with everything I need to accomplish this summer, I still have time left for a wonderful vacation, relaxing, painting and reading. Oh, and today Dennis and I enjoyed a great meal at a 4 Star restaurant. Life is good.

No comments: