Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Exhaustion

I must admit, when we decided to get both of Dennis' surgeries done in the same week, I wondered if it was a wise decision. But all of the doctor's seemed okay with the idea, so we went ahead.

Today, Dennis said he questioned the wisdom of our decision.

He is still in bed. He has been out for an hour or two at a time, but he seems to need so much sleep. And his body is still tender and sore. And he is sensitive, oh so very sensitive. I guess I am too. We are both tired, in so many ways.

I suppose it doesn't really matter whether the surgeries were a few days apart, a few weeks apart or a few months apart. They would still have worn us both out. There just would have been two episodes of exhaustion, instead of one.

Until later
Ann and Dennis

No comments: