Friday, April 10, 2009

Taking A Turn?

I talked with Cigna, sigh, once again, today. The lady was nice, and tried to clear up several of the unpaid bills Dennis has accrued over the past year. She was trying to figure out why he needed a primary physician while receiving care at an HMO in Wisconsin. I didn't have the energy to confuse the poor gal. Just get the bills paid and move on, is my latest thinking.

I know the people who help me the most are not paid very well. I know the people that stand in the way of happiness are overpaid, and bonused to boot. I don't understand history well enough to know if this is precisely what our founding fathers wanted for our country. I hope not.

Dennis' PT was here, again, today. She helped us understand getting in and out of bed, and it seems we have been doing the right thing. She worked him for 60 minutes, weights, exercises and walking the halls. I like what I am seeing, and Dennis seems happy with what he is receiving from the RN and PT.

Maybe life is slowing down right now. Maybe solutions are in abundance and problems are in reduction.

No comments: