Saturday, April 18, 2009

Shiva Gets a Bath

I noticed cat hair flying all over this morning, and decided to give Shiva a bath.

I've always believed that cat bathing was not an easy project. I have bathed many a dog in the past, and while most do not like the whole ordeal, for the most part they put up with the process. They also still love you when all is said and done.

I did research on the web, first, and was prepared for the worst. Screaming, screeching, perhaps growling and baring teeth were likely to take place. I also expected that I would not see hide nor hair of the girl for a while.

It turned out not to be any worse than bathing a dog. She did cry during most of the process, and tried to escape once or twice. But she never completely put her ears back and never growled at me. When I wrapped her up in a towel and hugged her up, she ever purred a bit. I rubbed her and she snuggled back.

I still expected her to run and hide after I put her down, but she stayed close by me for the rest of the morning. She didn't seem the least bit mad at me.

Ya learn something new everyday, with every experience.

Until later,
Ann and Dennis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!!

Just checking in to say hello.

We are having cool, but sunny weather. So now we are going to return a film that I rented last nite..Australia. Have you seen it? It was very good..a story about Australia.. And then we are going to clean our old Volvo on the inside.

I have just talked with my former brother-in-law who has had his 2nd stroke. But it seems that he doing well. My Goodness am I grateful! He means so much to me.

Hugs to you both!!!