Sunday, January 25, 2009

Friday Evening

Recently, I mentioned that we had found a new resource called Pathways. It offers free classes for people with debilitating illnesses and their care-givers. We signed up for a one-time class and attended it on Friday evening.

The written description of the 4 hour class sounded interesting. How do you keep your soul and heart healthy when your life is crumbling. At least that is how I interpreted the outline.

Okay, I believe almost anything and everything is possible. I know that we are living in fields of energy and some of us are receptive and open to different types of energy. I have never seen a ghost, but I know that some people believe they have. I believe that each of us finds what it is that we need to keep whole and happy. Finally, just to end this paragraph, I think each of us has our very own definition of whole and happy.

The course was not a course at all, but a circle of believers channeling their ancestors. Dennis and I were the only ones that were unaware of what the evening entailed. But both of said we wanted to try something different, and this definitly fit that bill.

The theory behind what is called "Constellations" is that we are all protected and our lives are affected by seven generations before us and we in turn protect and affect the lives of seven generations in front of us. We have healthy and unhealthy ancestors, and we can ask them to guide us and protect us. Again, this is my interpretation, and since I didn't get any of this from reading the course description, take it for what it is worth.

So here we were, sitting in this group of believers, two fairly open minded skeptics.

There were to be two constellations that evening, and we would all take part in both. We would either be the person to be healed, a receptor or a active audience participant. We were both okay with the last, but, unfortunately, we both ended up being receptors.

A receptor, by my definition, was playing a role assigned by the facilitator. I think, however, a receptor was actually suppose to channel the ancestor, and speak the words the ancestor wanted to speak.

No one ever spoke to me or Dennis, but they sure were speaking to some of the participants.

I won't bore you with the details, but a few highlights are worth repeating.

We had the woman from Belgium that played a healthy ancestor, and was suppose to be supporting the mother of the little girl who was being healed. She was a lousy healthy ancestor, wailing and crying loudly through the whole experience. I wouldn't have minded that so much, but the facilitator kept making us repeat the whole process every single time she broke down.

There was the woman who played the mother who just couldn't get her role correct. The facilitator asked her if she drank, and the woman said, "No." Aw, crap, we had to go through the whole think again until she finally admitted she drank. The woman couldn't pick up a cue for love or money. I think the only thing she really wanted was hugs and demanded them of everyone.

I guess the rest of the people were normal, they just believed and felt something that neither of us could.

Half way through the process, I pictured my dad standing up, yelling, with due distain, "Bullshit!" and stomping out. I guess one of my ancestors was there with me, after all.

No comments: