Friday, January 9, 2009

An Extra Day Off

The telephone rang this morning at 5 am. I knew it was Raquel. I also knew she would be calling in sick. I had been expecting this call and was happy that she called early so we could figure out how to handle the day.

The poor girl has been working two jobs since we went to London in late November. She has been run down and has a bad cold. I must admit that I wasn't adverse to having a three day weekend, either.

Dennis had an appointment at the Courage Center early this morning, so I wasn't able to sleep in, but I was able to miss a boring staff meeting. I also was able to have my first ride in a metro mobility van and see the physical therapy gym at the Courage Center.

After the appointment we decided that we might as well go to Bunny's for lunch. Bunny's is a local old people's restaurant during the day, and dance and drinking hall at night for the younger set. The first time we were in there, Dennis took one look around and said, "I believe I could be a player here!" The food is inexpensive and more than edible and the portions are big.

Then, as long as we were so close, and I had the day off and it wasn't the weekend, we went to Burlington Coat Factory and Micro Center. You may remember that Burlington is on my list of most hated shopping experiences. Add in the fact that Dennis could shop there for hours, it isn't a place that I am willing to take him to very often. But we agreed to a time limit and all in all, it was okay.

Now it's still an hour before I would be leaving work for the day, and here I am writing my Friday blog.

I suppose I should say thanks to Raquel on Monday for the three-day weekend, but I don't want to encourage her. Or, do I?

No comments: